Responsible for the planning, programming and ensuring optimum availability of mechanical plant and machinery for efficient cane offloading and milling to achieve targeted cane through put and parameters for maximum sugar production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects all equipment and plant to ensure they are in good working condition
- Plans periodic weekly maintenance tasks and ensure they are carried out and in time.
- Requests and inspects spares required for plant maintenance.
- Ensures safe working conditions and safety of personnel and equipment.
- Ensures cane handling, feeding and preparation is achieved to give targeted preparation index.
- Ensures maximum through put and recovery of sucrose from cane is achieved and parameters targeted for mill extraction (pol extraction), pol % bagasse and moisture % bagasse are attained.
- Prepares budgets for operations and maintenance of plant and equipment for approval
- Prepares annual maintenance schedule and agrees with Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Coordinator on manning levels and requirements.
- Runs a condition monitoring system to get feedback and plant condition all the time.
- Provides technical leadership, develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organizational effectiveness.
- Plans, monitors and evaluates staff performance against set targets and objectives.
- Handles employees’ issues in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations and also instill discipline.
- Proposes plant modification and expansion then implement when approved.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Certificate/Diploma in cane sugar manufacturing is an added advantage
- Membership to a relevant professional body e.g., Institute of Engineers of Kenya
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience gained from a large manufacturing concern with minimum 3 years in the sugar industry preferably at the mills.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed CV indicating current position, qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, copy of national identity card, names of at least three (3) referees and day time telephone contact should be sent to the address below.
Chemelil Sugar Company Limited
P O Box 177 – 40107
The envelope should be clearly marked Ref. CHEMELIL SUGAR COMPANY LTD/2022. Applications should be received not later than Friday, 9th September, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: We are an equal opportunity employer and persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.